Sunday, October 22, 2017

Everything Else
Although I confess myself guilty of an excessive and uncontrollable passion for History and Archaeology and especially, as you will have deduced by now, from the period in which the different members of the Barcid family held the most important positions of power in Carthage, I’m not at all immune to other cultural influences that flood our life day by day. The titles of this blog sections and even some of my publications leave no room for doubt.


As everyone who knows me can tell you, I am of the opinion that growing up is the obligation to give up some of the time that we devoted to some things we like. It isn’t that with the age you completely give up or modify your hobbies or tastes, but because of the overwhelming increase of responsibilities from work or family, the remaining time available to do those things is so reduced that you are somehow forcerd to leave some hobby apart.

Music, nightlife and sport were the first to announce their withdrawal from my life, but others have been joined in oblivion and abandonment. Right now, stealing the maximum hours that one can take from nocturnal rest, only films, trips, books and, to a lesser extent, TV shows and videogames, are the last resistant members that yell the misfortunate and ill-fated shout of "They shall not pass "[1].

Here I will find place to all my vices. Thus, it will be the secret corner of my den where I will remember with some nostalgia movies, TV shows, books, games or trips. It is a perfect complement to know me, without having to read my tragicomic stories that I usually tell when I am not as sober as I should be.

Bring chips and candies, but don’t get too excited and lower your voice because I don’t want to wake my parents.




[1] Unfortunate and fatal for Republicans who tried in vain to defend Madrid from the insurgents during the Spanish Civil War, but also for Gandalf in his confrontation against the Balrog in the Lord of the Rings.

Archaeologist and Historian specialized in Barcid time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact